Alignment Instructions for CSUs & Private UniversitiesThe following provides alignment Instructions for CSU and Private Institutions who have baccalaureate programs in child development/early childhood education.
To begin CAP alignment
- Review your current courses in relationship to any of the CAP course outlines found under CAP Classic, CAP Expansion or CAP Transitional Kindergarten
- Complete the Statement of Interest.
- Contact the CAP team for support in completing and submitting the alignment documents. Contact information for the CAP Leads can be found under Technical Assistance.
Steps in CAP alignment
- The CAP team reviews the submitted materials for alignment.
- If revisions are needed, you will be contacted by a member of the CAP team with specific information related to the requested revisions.
- If no revisions are needed, you will be notified of your successful alignment!
Helpful hints when submitting for alignment
- You may submit any number of courses.
- CSU and Private institution alignment is limited to courses. Programs are not considered for alignment.
- Either an approved or a draft Course Outline of Record (COR) or Syllabus may be submitted for initial alignment.
- Only regionally accredited institutions are eligible to participate.
CAP Alignment Instructions
All CAP projects are funded by: The California Department of Education / Early Education and Support Division / Quality Improvement Office.